Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Tuesday, June 30, 2009 - FOOD Post

Remember don't read this if you haven't eaten!


4/5 Stars
Positive Point: Easy to prepare and put in the fridge for later cooking.

4 Servings (I really only need for 2 but Atom likes leftovers - go figure!)
8 oz salami (have them slice it thick for you at the deli)
4 weiner sausages - I used 4 small Polsa Kilbasa or one Hillshire Farm one
2 green bell peppers (the Italian ones)
3 tomatoes - not too large
2 medium onions
4-6 eggs (I used 6 but I think it should have been more)
1 tsp paprika (totally forgot about this one - I was too hungry to remember!)

Prep:
  1. Cut salami into strips and sausages/kilbsa into slices
  2. Rinse, deseed and cut bell peppers into strips, Peel and slice onions, (bell peppers and onions can be in same bowl prior to cooking), Rinse and slice tomatoes (keep tomatoes separate)
  3. Saute sausages and salami in a skille for 3 minutes (use a cast iron one if you have it)
  4. Add onion and pepper strips. Saute for a few minutes, then add tomatoes. Reduce heat.
  5. Beat eggs, pour over all ingredients in pan
  6. Cook over medium heat, stirring, until egg mixture is set. Sprinkle with paprika. Serve.

Good with Rye Bread or old-fashioned whole wheat bread

No comments:

There are somethings that I like to do other than shopping - taking pictures. The beauty of picture taking is that it really is all up to me. Sometimes it's of things and other times it's of me and friends. Old Friends, New Friends and a sprinkling of family for good measure...

wurdle

wurdle